We regularly retrofit the factory Apple CarPlay and Android Auto to vehicles that have been purchased without the option. It’s the best fully integrated option for Mercedes vehicles and allows you to listen to the car’s DAB or FM radio whilst using CarPlay / Android Auto for Navigation or other apps at the same time.
We update the data-record in the central Mercedes database, so that nothing goes wrong if the vehicle software is updated during servicing or repair. If the official procedure requires certain new hardware we will install that too, and update software where / when required.
This can be done on the following vehicles:
- Mercedes A/B/CLA/GLA (W176, W246, W117, W156) with COMAND navigation from the ~2015/2016 facelift until end of production
- Mercedes A/B/CLA/GLA (W176, W246, W117, W156) with Audio-20 from late 2016 until end of production
- Mercedes E class (W207, W212) with COMAND navigation from the ~2015 facelift to end of production
- Mercedes E class (W213, W238) with COMAND
- Mercedes E class (W213, W238) with Audio-20 from mid 2018
- Mercedes GLE and GLS (all years) (not ML or GL)
- Mercedes AMG-GT with NTG5.5 Audio-20 (not earlier cars)
- Mercedes SLC (not SLK) with COMAND
- Mercedes SLC (not SLK) with Audio-20 from mid 2016 (have to check the vehicle)
If your Mercedes vehicle is not on this list and you have a system with a separate screen to the main unit, we will also have aftermarket solutions for CarPlay and Android Auto for your vehicles.
If your vehicle just has Apple CarPlay and no Android Auto, then we can add the Android Auto also,.
Contact us with your chassis number and we can tell you if this can be done. We charge £499 for properly retrofitting Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, which includes updated firmware for all audio components if required and the central Mercedes database updated to show the vehicle has factory CarPlay and Android Auto.